SUPER WiZR COVER STORY
4 new ways to look at your presentations
Over weeks, months, and years, you encounter different situations, questions, and types of meetings. Instead of just preparing for your next step, prepare for the whole journey.
For most, presentations are a bread and butter tool. You’re taking part in a meeting, so you’ve either prepared or are digesting a presentation. There are, however, more empowering ways to approach presentations.
You are building a system
Over weeks, months, and years, you encounter different situations, questions, and types of meetings. Instead of just preparing for your next step, prepare for the whole journey. Ironically, we are experts in preparing for the next talk, but amateurs at preparing for the next series of talks that it will take to be successful. For presentations this means:
- Create strong reusable messages
- Keep refining these messages
- Create mini-presentation with distinct topics
- Create a lego system of buildable presentation material
- Be creative on how to connect the mini-presentations
- Keep working on the system as a whole, not just the pieces
You perfect cycles
Part of the presentation and meeting system is not to only focus on your next meeting or next message but instead to focus on all the cycles you want to successfully follow through sales cycles, campaigns, training cycles, management routines, etc.
“By looking at the chains of interlinked meetings, messages, and challenges you can make them work together and better. “
- Before, during and after meetings
- Pull and push of information
- Automatization of messaging
You apply new filters
Looking for proper grammar, spelling, and clear language use are some of the filters you can use to review a message. Other aspects of your communications with equal importance:
- Precision – vague messaging creates vague outcomes
- Boldness – there is a lot of noise, how to break through
- Authenticity – being original is a way to stand out
- Structure – how to I build the flow of logics
- Critique – how do I solicit ongoing constructive criticism
Storytelling is the key to success in any kind of presentation
YOUR FREE GUIDE TO
CREATE IMPACTFUL COMMUNICATIONS
We are democratizing communications by:
Sharing our insights from 15 years of experience creating thousands of high impact presentations.
Empowering and elevating users with tips and tricks to create world-class communications.
Providing practical guides and ideas on how to re-imagine presentations delivered straight to your inbox.
Being your online partner to expand, evolve, and enhance all your communications.
You value excellence
With a bread and butter approach, there is less room for excellence; it is more about getting something done. However, striving for excellence in how you communicate creates a bigger impact:
- Your message inspires (immediate) action
- You save time
- You can be innovative, in less time
- You gain stronger support
- You cut the cycle length in half
Excellence is part of the “system thinking”, changing how you think about cycles and applying reliable filters. Excellence is also consistent in form and flow, the visual harmonization. Excellence is working on being unbeatable. Excellence is also in the conviction that by applying the best judgment you’ll magic X factors. Make the effort to excel in your presentations, how you think about the system of messaging, and you’ll be surprised at your outcomes.
“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satified is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.”
– Steve Jobs